Installation instructions for FloorPix® epoxy floor graphics, including artwork, photographs, logos and corporate colors
- Match the primer color to the most dominant color used on the FloorPix® image to help conceal any seams during installation.
- Wear football spike shoes when applying your first coat of epoxy—the wider spikes will not pick up the FloorPix® material. Wear golf spike shoes on the 2nd and 3rd coats.
- Be sure to inspect for any pockets or irregularities in the FloorPix® before applying 2nd coat. It is much easier to fix problems at that point.
- Proper installation requires 48-mils of topcoat. This will assure best results.
- If out-gassing occurs, be sure to spike roll!
- Colored markers can be used to fill in gaps that will occur between panels. Please test your colored markers with epoxy before using on actual job.
- If sanding is required, identify any “high spots” in the floor and hand sand these areas. Anytime sanding over the FloorPix is required, we recommend hand sanding to insure the graphic does not get damaged.
Submit your logo, photographic image or native raster file with a minimum resolution of 100ppi at final output size. Files should also be converted to CMYK before submitting them to avoid color shifts. Native layered Adobe Photoshop files are preferred but .tiff and .jpg files are accepted as well.
Vector files are the preferred file format for printing your next FloorPix project, as they can be enlarged to virtually any size without compromising image quality. Please send us your native Adobe Illustrator files with fonts or submit an EPS file with fonts converted to outlines. We will match specified PMS colors in your file as close as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my FloorPix® Include Installation? If not, who installs it?
Our pricing does not include installation. But we can help you find an installer in your area that has used our FloorPix® material.
Where is FloorPix® available? (National/International)
We ship your FloorPix® order to you or directly to your job site no matter where in the country you may be. International shipping is also available.
Who can I speak with about file preparation?
Help is available here on this site. If you have already been to this section and still need assistance you may call and speak with one of our file prep technicians: 800.982.4533
How is shipping handled?
Your FloorPix® will be put into a tube and will typically be shipped via FedEx. Shipping costs are not included in our pricing.
What is the typical life expectancy of a FloorPix® Installation? Is there a guarantee?
The life span of our product is dependent on the quality of the installation. If properly installed FloorPix® will last as long as the epoxy floor is maintained. We do not offer a warranty on our FloorPix, as it is based on the installations.
What surfaces are acceptable for FloorPix®?
Any hard, smooth surface that is suitable for an epoxy floor system will work for your FloorPix® installation.
What kind of maintenance does FloorPix® require?
All maintenance procedures are the same as for any other epoxy floor surface. Sweep and mop to keep surface clean.
Can FloorPix® be driven on by cars and/or utility vehicles?
The same rules apply for the use on epoxy floors with or without FloorPix® underneath. Please consult with your epoxy flooring installer.
Is the finished surface of FloorPix® slippery? Are there options for the finished surface?
Just like any other epoxy installation you have numerous options for non-slip surfaces, such as orange peel, glass bead or broadcast silica. However, FloorPix® can be left smooth and glossy if desired.
What do I receive in a FloorPix® sample kit?
Our sample kit includes an actual printed sample of FloorPix® and a brochure which reviews installation instructions. You can request a sample kit by contacting us.
What payment methods are acceptable?
All FloorPix® purchases are charged to a credit card: Visa, American Express or Master Card.
What sizes are acceptable for FloorPix®?
We can print your FloorPix® order as small as 8″x10″ and as large as you can imagine. We can print your FloorPix® seamlessly up to 16′ wide and as long as you need it to cover large areas.
Do I need to provide artwork before my FloorPix® project can begin production?
Our staff is skilled in all of the latest computer design software and is willing and able to build artwork when needed.
Does the number of colors in my artwork influence the cost of FloorPix®?
No, we can print your FloorPix® order in a single color or in as many colors as you want to use – the cost does not differ.